Slitting Operator at Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Limited - Our client, an FMCG company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Slitting Operator
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of material in and out of the Slitting Operation
- Input data into the shop floor pc
- Check and validate labels are correct from computer on to the corresponding coils.
- Will be tasked to efficiently operate the slitting machine with minimum downtime, minimum rejection, and maximum production with defect-free quality, and to keep the machine area clean at all times.
- Lap ends of slit material around take-up tubes
- Start machine and observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and winding.
- Move levers to stop, start, and regulate speed of machine and to align material with rotary blades.
- Disengage winding shaft and removes narrow rolls of material.
- Stacks material on shelves according to width of material.
- Operate machine to slit continuous lengths of material, such as cardboard, felt, metallic foil, paper, plastic, rubberized sheeting, or textile fabrics, into strips of specified width: Spaces rotary blades on machine shaft, according to the width specified for strips, and turns setscrew to secure blades in position, using allen wrench.
- Mount roll or bolt of material on machine supports and threads material over tension bar, between feed rollers, and under rotary blades.
- HND / Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years working experience as a Slitting Operator in a Manufacturing company
- Experience of operating Primary & Secondary Slitters, specifically for BOPP Film
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Should be familiar with Rip-machine operator, roll-cutting operator, slitter-and-rewinder-machine operator, splitter operator Aluminum-Foil-Spooling-Machine Operator, Straight Cutter, Machine Binding Cutter; Cuff Slitter; Electric-Tape Slitter; Facing Slitter; Paper Slitter; Tape Cutter.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 15th November, 2021.