Social Media Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Officer
Location: Abuja (with frequent travel to the project locations throughout Nigeria)
Contract Period: Six Months
Possibility of extension: Yes
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- The MSF mission in Nigeria is moving towards the building of its digital media capacities to be able to connect with the strong Nigerian digital landscape, build an online community of supporters and better communicate on MSF’s projects in the country.
- Update digital assessment and create digital strategy.
- Create and launch the digital channels
- Contribute to the development of MSF social media strategy for Nigeria
- Produce a calendar for the production and dissemination of content on MSF Nigeria social outlets.
- Undertake daily work in line with the broader communications and operational goals of MSF in Nigeria
- Ensure tidiness and security of all accounts. Apply social media security guidelines, handover and closure documents.
- Help MSF to build its social media audience and reply to comments and messages as appropriate, with guidance from manager and social media experts within MSF (Digital focal point, Digital Advisors).
- Map, identify and possibly create relationships with key online influencers
- Monitor and analyze online topics and trending subjects that are relevant to MSF operations and the security context in Nigeria.
- Monitor for mentions of MSF on social media in Nigeria and report to supervisors on problematic ones.
- Produce and/or curate content (text, photos and videos) for publishing on MSF digital outlets in Nigeria in English, as well as in local languages when relevant
- Propose innovations for content creation and increasing MSF’s social media audiences in Nigeria
- Build and coordinate the network of ‘social media ambassadors’ from the projects.
- Produce and implement organic and paid campaigns on social media.
- Education: University Degree in Communications, Journalism or Political Science.
- Experience: At least 2 years of professional experience in social media management and community management.
- Language: Fluent in oral and written English and Hausa is essential. Ibo and Yoruba are an asset
- Knowledge: Social media content creation, community building and monitoring skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively in a dynamic organization.
- Experience in social media content production and messaging
- Experience in social media monitoring and reporting
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: MSF encourages women and people with disabilities to apply