Solar Installation Engineer at First Electric Power and Automation Services Limited
First Electric is a leader in the sustainable energy industry in Nigeria. Founded in May 2019 in Lagos, Nigeria, First Electric’s vision is to drive the wide adoption of sustainable energy solutions across Sub-Saharan Africa. Since its inception, it has quickly gained a reputation for delivering competitive solutions to customers by deploying state of the art solutions at affordable prices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Installation Engineer
Location: Ajah, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Perform electrical work needed to connect the solar system to the electric grid. This includes proper grounding systems, controls and all testing necessary.
- Design solar inverter system to meet clients power/energy requirements.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of solar power systems.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Create or interpret the solar panel installation plans, mapping out the steps of the installation and where all of the components will be installed.
- Troubleshoot issues related to installation.
- Identify business opportunities for Solar/Renewable Energy products/Services for solar power solutions.
- Plan, develop operation and maintenance programs for clients and internal use.
- End to end execution of solar projects (Rooftop & Ground Mounted) and AMC / Service Support.
- Able to check site feasibility and provide the best suitable option for enhancing suitability.
- Lead and contribute to projects for solar resource assessments, energy production estimates, performance assessments of operating projects, siting, performance testing, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, component modelling, conceptual design, and strategic planning.
- Prepare quotations, Bill of materials; based on cost-effective engineering designs.
- Weatherproof the solar installation in accordance with local safety regulations and the specifications of the manufacturer.
- Install, inspect, maintain and repair solar panel systems, including the solar collectors, batteries, pumps, fans, or support structure.
- Develop and design electrical power panels to efficiently handle power distribution and power management.
- Enlighten the clients on the importance of solar energy and how to safely use solar equipment.
- Assist with solar PV design optimization for cost reduction and performance improvement, including for engineer-procure-construct (EPC) projects.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
- B.Sc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Physics and Electronics or related technical field.
- Minimum of 2 years proven work experience in the Renewable Energy Industry.
- Excellent Electronics troubleshooting and resolution.
- Works systematically, use time efficiently; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines without direct supervision, work to deadlines.
- Ability to respond to client issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills.
- Must be self-motivated, with an ability to balance multiple projects.
- Knowledge of PV system components, wiring practices, layout, low voltage AC design, medium voltage design, relay protection, metering, utility interconnection requirements etc.
- N100,000 Monthly Net Salary
- Housing allowance
- 13th Month
- Annual Bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 31st October, 2021.