Storekeeper at Rayuwa Farms Limited
Sep 14, 2020, 10:07 PM
Rayuwa Farms Limited was incorporated on the 2nd of October, 2012. Prior to the incorporation, the farm existed since 1996 on 1.5 hectares of land with skeletal production of catfish table size, fingerlings and soya/groundnut cake, but now operate a land area of about 500 hectares.
The scope of the farm continued to broaden with time with other products and services coming on board. Rayuwa Farms Limited is a clear testimony of starting small and growing big.
Our farm is expected to be a concrete illustration of how to create an enabling environment that would generate appropriate socio-economic, technical and organizational solutions to the challenge of poverty, unemployment and demographic transition for Nigeria in particular and Africa as a whole. We are a member of several associations within the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper
Location: Masaka, Nassarawa
Job Type: Full Time
- To receive the materials supplied by the vendor as per the purchase order placed by the Procurement Unit.
- To carry out periodical condemnation board for the unserviceable materials
- Maintain material tracking system to record and track manufacturing and expiry dates of items received from vendors or procurement unit
- To take action for disposal of scraps materials as per the procedure.
- To maintain all the documents up to date, including Bin cards, etc
- Generate reports and submit to HR/Admin Manager.
- To attend audit by the auditors.
- Carryout tagging of items separated at the store shelves.
- Operate the weighing bridge and calculate net weight of high volume goods supplied to warehouse.
- Maintain and consistently ensure that the warehouses are kept clean and free from rodents and other pest.
- Report to the HR/Admin Manager.
- To check the materials thoroughly for quality, quantity, specification condition, condition etc.
- To categorize the materials categorywise and stock in the appropriate locations.
- To take appropriate action for care and preservation of the materials.
- Carryout monthly stock verification and ensure correctness of stock at all times.
- To take safety measure for the safety of store house, materials and staff working in store.
- To maintain the neat and tidiness of store house.
- To issue materials to the departments as per the indents.
- To issue materials to departments as per the schedule.
- To pass the invoices of the materials received from vendor and send it to Accounts department for payment.
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to safely and legally operate a forklift.
- Skills to operate common office equipment.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping.
- Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Relevant experience in the Agro-allied sector and knowledge of the ERP office software will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment.
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly forward a copy of their Resume and Cover letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 20th September, 2020.