Trade Client Service Manager at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
Standard Chartered Bank - We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Client Service Manager
Job ID: 2300007681
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employee Status: Permanent
- This role is responsible for delivering excellent client service and product advice for a select portfolio of Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB) priority clients in all interactions for their transactional enquiries, complaints, and other service-related issues.
- Acts as the in-country primary contact person for a portfolio of Priority clients and internal staff for advice, enquiries, complaints, and any other service issues
- Build strong relationship and rapport with clients at the transactional and operational level
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards
- Identify opportunities for increasing clients’ product utilisation, smoother operations and optimising channel usage through analysis of client data, proactive transaction monitoring using available tools
- Deliver product / channel training and advisory
- As a service partner, work together with Relationship Managers, Product Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to solve client issues and identify opportunities to improve overall service for the clients
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Awareness and understanding of the Trade Services, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Provide the highest standard of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints, to create improved, lasting relationships with our clients
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide end-to-end query resolution to client satisfaction
- Responsible for effective service recovery process through complaint logging and handling
- Log and manage all service interactions (enquiries, complaints, incidents, client visits etc.) within GEMS and / or other relevant systems to ensure that client data is captured and available for client insights / analysis and identification of improvement initiatives
- Leverage on metrics and client insights to understand clients’ needs, and continually identify opportunities for improvements in service, product solutions, utilisation and optimising channel usage, up-selling and cross-selling etc
- Lead periodic Service Reviews for Premier clients
- Review service performance with the clients and generate ways to continuously improve service standards
- Provide pro-active client updates
- Make proactive calls to clients to improve the utilisation level of facilities, increase transaction volume, and identify opportunities for channels and referrals for the business.
People & Talent:
- Complete all e learning assigned to you
- Attend all Service trainings you are invited to.
- Comply with Operational Risk Framework for client service processes including but not limited to client identification, complaints and enquiry handling
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager
- Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulation.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Support the Head, Trade Client Services to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank.
- This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Banking and or Service
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
- Market Knowledge: Strong product / process knowledge (in at least one product area) of the business.
- Client Knowledge: Knowledgeable in current and proposed client requirements in at least one product area. Current experience in active client management.
- Collaboration skills: Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team especially with product operations partners.
- Stakeholders / Clients: Highly experienced in engaging effectively with Business stakeholders, and Clients (from a service, not necessarily sales perspective).
Role Specific Technical Competencies:
- Process Improvement
- Understanding Customer Needs
- Customer Service Management
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Relationship Management.
- Respective Product Operations Team Leaders, and Operations Head in country
- RMs & Business Managers
- TB Product & Sales Managers
- Head Client Experience, CCIB in country
- Country CIO
- GBS Product Operations Teams
- Technology partners e.g. PSS.
- External consultants
- Bank Audit / Accounting firms
- Local and Regional Regulators.
- Assist Head of Client Operations to achieve service improvement initiatives into making client journey simpler, faster, better.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply