Trader at Meristem Securities Limited
Meristem Securities Limited is a leading capital market conglomerate that offers Wealth Management services, Stockbroking services, Registrar services, Trustee services and Investment Banking services to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trader
Job Type: Full Time
Specializations: Banking / Finance / Insurance, Business Development / Analysis
- To design workflow within the department and ensure each job unit provide minimum challenge and adequate motivational ingredients.
- To monitor daily workflow from account opening to delivery of stock position/payment.
- Buying and selling securities on behalf of clients and the company.
- Evaluating trading algorithms.
- Implementing effective trading strategies.
- Assisting the company to attract new clients by maintaining and enhancing marketing materials.
- Work in a fast-paced technology-based trading environment with daily interaction across multiple business units.
- Ownership of the daily/intraday trade, position, and reconciliation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the exchanges, regulators, clearing firms and counterparties.
- Perform ad hoc project work as needed.
- Working with quantitative researchers to improve trading strategies.
- Regularly monitoring portfolios to ensure that they are guideline compliant.
- Create and maintain policies, business procedures, and practices to help ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Keeping abreast with changes in the economy and the financial market.
- Any other assignment as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- Minimum professional qualification is ACS and an Authorized Dealing Clerk of the Nigerian Exchange Limited.
- Proven trading experience.
- Attention to details
- Excellent presentation and decision-making skills.
- Multitasking ability and proper task priority management
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Excellent verbal and written Communication
- Proven trustworthiness and performance under the highest ethical standards.
- Must have hands-on trading experience.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen.
- A solid understanding of financial markets.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, quantitative, and technological skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure/fast-paced work environment.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Ability to use EFA Horizon trading software of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Strong numerical skill and ability to interpret basic accounting indices.
- Ability to multi task and work for long hours.
- Strong inter-personal relationship and good communication skill.
- Good understanding of the working of Nigerian Macro-Economic indices
- Good understanding of the equity/capital market dynamics.
- A sound knowledge of the Rules and Regulations of The Nigerian Stock Exchange and SEC
- Ability to lead by example.
- Must possess good listening skills
- Good communication skill.
- Ready to learn and innovative
- Must be transparent and of honest disposition.
- Must always place client's interest above personal interest.
- Must act in the best interest of the firm in tandem with the market rules.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th August, 2022.