Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > University Librarian Recruitment at Bells University of Technology
University Librarian Recruitment at Bells University of Technology
Jun 13, 2019, 11:18 AM
Bells University of Technology, Ota, is the First Private University of Technology, established by the Bells Educational Foundation. It was granted an operational license by the Federal Government on 9th June, 2005, and started operating in July, 2006. The University has graduated ten sets of students. Bells University of Technology, Ota, hereby announces that the post of the University Librarian will become vacant by 11th September, 2019. The University Council hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below: Job Title: University Librarian Location: Ota, Ogun The Candidate
- The University Librarian is the Academic and Professional Head of the Library and is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and management of the University Library
- By virtue of his/her position, the University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University.
- A capacity to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people;
- A capacity to understand the complexity of University system and must be able to effectively utilize its human resource to develop a library system that will fully support the University’s aspirations to attain world class status in the shortest possible time;
- An excellent physical and mental health and must be ICT compliant.
- Applicant should not be more than 55 years old on his/her date of resumption of duty on 11th September, 2019.
- A good Honours Degree and a Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University;
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree and membership of recognized professional bodies will be added advantage;
- A minimum of 15 years cognate post qualification academic and professional experience with a minimum of five (5) years residency at the level of Deputy University Librarian or its equivalent in a University or Institution of comparable status;
- A high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations;
- A demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and judgment on administrative matters with outstanding experience at management level;
- The post of the University Librarian is tenure track. The successful candidate shall hold the office for a term of five (5) years in the first instance, renewable based on performance assessment, for a second term on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- Bells University of Technology offers attractive and competitive Conditions of Service comparable to what obtains in the Federal University system
- The remuneration and conditions of service are as applicable to the post of University Librarian in similar Nigerian Universities, with appropriate additional conditions as may be determined from time to time by the Board of Trustees and or the Governing Council of the University.
- Full Name (Surname first and in Capital)
- Post desired
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Contact Address (with Phone(s) and e-mail address)
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Dates
- Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies (with verifiable evidence of current status)
- Distinctions and Awards (with Dates)
- Statement of Work Experience including full details of former and present posts
- Major related services to the Nation outside the University system
- Important relevant Conferences/Workshops/Courses attended
- Publications (Thesis, Books/Monographs, Published Articles)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (one of whom must be capable of making competent statement on the candidates professional competence). Each Referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward, directly to "the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council", a confidential report on the candidate’s character, administrative and management abilities in a properly sealed envelope.
- Sealed envelope(s) containing the application should be marked "Post of University Librarian", and must be forwarded to reach the above address on or before the deadline.
- The application must be accompanied by 30 copies of statement of the candidate’s Vision on building a robust and responsive Library in the 21st Century
- Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same address.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts