Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Vacancy at Zola Electric for a Group Manager - Health, Safety Security, and Environment
Vacancy at Zola Electric for a Group Manager - Health, Safety Security, and Environment
Aug 7, 2019, 10:31 PM
Zola Electric Nigeria combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Zola Electric Nigeria’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Group Manager - Health, Safety Security, and Environment Location: Lagos Position
- The Group Manager- HSSE is responsible for all Health, Safety Security and Environment policies and procedures across the countries where Zola operates.
- The role holder is responsible for developing and leading the execution of health and safety plans in the workplace according to the applicable country legal guidelines,preparing and enforcing establish a culture of health and safety and evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the specific local country legislation.
- As a safety manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards and be passionate about instilling an HSSE culture.
- You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary, multicultural workforce is essential.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to applicable legal guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce HSSE policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on monthly health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance with policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Proven experience as an HSSE manager in a multinational organisation,
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- B.Sc/BA in Health and Safety management or relevant field is preferred
- A valid certification such as NEBOSH International General Certificate is a prerequisite for the role.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines across Africa
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts