Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Vacancy For an Administrative Assistant at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, 12th July, 2019
Vacancy For an Administrative Assistant at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, 12th July, 2019
Jul 12, 2019, 10:14 PM
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on behalf of HarvestPlus seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at its country office in Ibadan: Job Title: Administrative Assistant Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2019-025 Location: Ibadan, Oyo Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract) Duties Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Develop and update relevant databases for the effective running of the unit and facilitate easy retrieval of information;
- Manage procurement of materials and equipment required for the effective running of the office;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor;
- Perform a broad variety of administrative tasks for the unit in all aspects including managing meetings, commitments, appointments/schedules, travels, and other routine and non-routine activities of the unit and following up appropriately;
- Process staff overtime, keeping of unit imprest, claim reimbursement and provide administrative support out stations in Nigeria;
- Handle incoming call and correspondence, raising draft statement and responses on behalf of the unit head;
- Work closely and effectively with the head and be proactive in bringing up matters that should receive his attention;
- Support the unit head in preparation for the meeting and assist with the design and development of relevant presentations by the Unit head;
- B.Sc/HND in Secretarial Studies, Public Administration or related field with a minimum of (4) years’ working experience performing similar role.
- Ability to use computer (Microsoft Office Packages) and knowledge of Oracle application.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be prudent in handling of office materials.
- Excellent communication skill, neat, trustworthy and reliable.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts