Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Vacancy For an Administrative Assistant at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, 18th July, 2019
Vacancy For an Administrative Assistant at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, 18th July, 2019
Jul 18, 2019, 10:11 AM
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Administrative Assistant Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2019-026 Location: Kano Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract) Duties Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide support in the preparation of request for internal purchases, order of office stationery and vehicle parts;
- Take minutes of meetings and handle confidential matter;
- Provide support in the updating of assets list;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide support in the day to day administration of the office;
- Handle correspondence, photocopying, binding and other paper works;
- Provide support with travelling schedules and hotel reservations;
- HND/B.Sc in Public Administration or related discipline with a minimum of three (3) years’ working experience performing similar role.
- Be proficiency in the use of computer (Microsoft Office packages).
- Ability to drive and perseverance to work under pressure and good team work with supervision capacity.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts