Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Hospitality / Travel / Tourism > Vacancy For Head Chef at Hilton Worldwide, 28th February, 2019
Vacancy For Head Chef at Hilton Worldwide, 28th February, 2019
Feb 28, 2019, 9:48 AM
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Head Chef Job ID: HOT05ZAX Location: Ikeja, Lagos Employment Type: Full-time Job Summary
- A Head Chef is responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while seeking customer feedback, training staff, controlling costs, and covering all business needs
- As a Head Chef, you are responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
- A Head Chef will also be required to ensure that all operational, quality, and administrative functions are carried out properly.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives
- Ensure food control systems are adhered to so margins are on target
- Regular review of all menus with Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends
- Be environmentally aware.
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands
- Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate food hygiene qualification
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Catering experience in managerial capacity
- Experience managing a kitchen and developing staff
- Experience managing food costs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Advance food hygiene qualification
- High level of IT proficiency.
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Passion for food
- Knowledge of current food trends
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts