Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Vacancy For Investment Associate at Lidya Nigeria, 9th May, 2019
Vacancy For Investment Associate at Lidya Nigeria, 9th May, 2019
May 9, 2019, 6:17 PM
Lidya is a financial services platform to improve access to credit and finance across frontier and emerging markets starting with Nigeria. Launched in November 2016, with a mission to close that yawning credit gap, both in Nigeria and across emerging markets where there is a $2.6 Trillion SME credit gap worldwide. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Investment Associate Location: Lagos Department: Finance Job Descriptions
- The Investment Associate position is responsible for acquiring & managing clients, assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers towards the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- The successful candidate will be a highly effective sales leader and be fully capable of managing own deals by navigating the customer through all facets of the sales process. You will be a manager responsible for providing guidance to the investment analysts and ensuring all due diligence is completed and portfolio growth is achieved.
- Team Management: Manage the investment analysts in launching, qualifying, and acquiring relationships with clients across relevant sectors including but not limited to companies in the eCommerce, consumer goods, healthcare and financial services industries.
- Loan Portfolio Growth. Support the evaluation, authorization and approval of loans given to customers including authentication of documentation presented for all credit applications and ensuring they meet KYC, loan assessment and any other documentation as required by the Lidya and by the regulators. Execute process for recollection of disbursed loans including recovery of items pledged as security on delinquent loans.
- Client Engagement: Managing existing client engagements, appraisal of customer loan applications, and approval or rejection of applications within agreed timelines and loan limits.
- Debt Settlements: Support the Collections team in managing non-performing loans by conducting analysis, and develop and recommend plans to eliminate client debt. Manage past due accounts and determine the appropriate collection action to be taken for clients and reports on status of delinquent accounts.
- 4 to 7 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with an Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Commercial Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in a Business Development Role (with experience in the financial services sector a plus).
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Investments or a related business discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects including considerable experience meeting commercial milestones (i.e. achieving revenue or profit targets).
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs.
- Ability to manage a team of 2 to 3 colleagues to meet commercial targets consistently and sustainably
- Outstanding communication skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience regardless of the final credit decision.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills including the ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts