Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
End Police brutality in Nigeria. #EndSARSJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Vacant Job For Medical Doctor at Médecins Sans Frontières, 19th June, 2019
Vacant Job For Medical Doctor at Médecins Sans Frontières, 19th June, 2019
Jun 19, 2019, 12:27 PM
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Jahun, Jigawa State MSF France works with the MoH to in maternal and newborn health in the Jahun Government hospital and in some primary health care facilities. The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Medical Doctor Location: Jahun, Jigawa Job Profile/Description
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate to the development of reforms in working strategies
- Directly participating in shifts, rotations, emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Respect medical confidentiality.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnosis and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking that they have understood.
- Education: Fully Licensed Medical Doctor. Medical Doctor diploma Desirable
- Experience: 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A&E, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Languages: Spoken and written English and Hausa
- Competencies: people management, Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, trustworthy service
- Contract in Jahun, 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
- Worker will be requested according to project needs. Availability for 12 hour shifts, night or day is required.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts