Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) Vacancy for a Business Analyst and Project Manager
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) Vacancy for a Business Analyst and Project Manager
Nov 23, 2018, 2:53 PM
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it! We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Business Analyst and Project Manager Locations: Abuja & North Job Type: Full-time Job Description
- We are sourcing for a Business Analyst & Project Manager (PMO) in Abuja and Northern Region who will handle the strategy, design, the management of the daily operations, and the monitoring & evaluation of the project frameworks, vendor and policies, ensuring that projects within the region are executed within time and within budget.
- You will be required to work closely with upper management, our clients and external stakeholders to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule.
- Determine project’s requirements by extracting them from business or government policies, as well as from current and future users, through interaction and research.
- Organize requirements into related categories to effectively manage and communicate them ensuring that project requirements are not overlooked to ensure optimum use of time and budgets. Good knowledge of use cases will be required to ensure continuous verification of the requirements and reject implementations that do not advance business objectives.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Design, define and manage performance reporting metrics including impact evaluation.
- Assess project performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Identify opportunities that drives program offering expansion and enhancing the quality of existing programs
- Manage the project's budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against deliverables and activities as the project progresses.
- Vendor delivery management Support.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Once all requirements have been met and the IT solution delivered, your role will shift to maintenance, or preventing and correcting defects; enhancements, or making changes to increase the value provided by the system; and operations and maintenance, or providing system validation procedures, maintenance reports, deactivation plans, and other documents, plans and reports.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Research, Financial analysis, Systems analysis, Business analysis, & Data analysis
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate analysis including trends and opportunities to clients and the business in writing and verbally
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve including multiple priorities and research conflicting and / or inaccurate data
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience influencing and presenting to leadership.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Ability to understand and articulate complex technology requirements and milestones
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Minimum 5 years specifically managing complex technology projects using Agile methods/frameworks: Scrum, Kanban, XP.
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Leadership Skills.
- Time Management.
- Analytical Skills
- Sound Judgment and on-your-feet decision-making ability
- Excellent relational skill.
- Should have a strong presence and aura of a business executive.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost effective use of resources
- Discreet and respects confidentiality
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards.
- Highly organized and efficient; able to multi- task effectively and prioritize work based on minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
- Can-do approach
- Working conditions
- Flexibility is important.
- Equal opportunity
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts