WASH Engineers at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Engineer
Locations: Dutse - Jigawa, Kano and Sokoto
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes - WASH
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reporting To: WASH Program Manager
Proposed Start Date: November 2021
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of WASH Engineer who will be working under the leadership and guidance of the WASH Sector Manager, accountable for professional technical contribution to drilling and construction of the WASH project activities within the framework of the project in Jigawa, Kano and Sokoto State, Nigeria.
- Assist the Program Manager to assess the entire sanitation needs, provide design, BOQ, specification and implement the most appropriate form of sanitation system accepted by the beneficiaries.
- To supervise projects and ensure quality assurance of construction being delivered and adherence to design specifications and do not harm policy.
- Provide full support to WASH Program Manager in maintaining regular contact with local stakeholders including Government Ministries/Department/Agencies.
- Preparation of technical progress reports and report verbally and in writing to the WASH Program Manager as requested to advice on progress, constraints and any other issues that may impact on work plans.
- Build a data base of technical support projects and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate with PHP in selection and training all community volunteers and enumerators on CATI approach response and Mwater tool.
- Prepare training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Water Engineering, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, Building and other related fields with a minimum of 3 years field experience.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Team and contractor management skills.
- Monitoring and reporting skills.
- Thorough knowledge of WASH interventions using the SPHERE standards.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Good knowledge of appropriate technology for latrine construction, desludging and sludge treatment practices, water source development, solid waste management.
- Microsoft office and designing software skills (AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
Starting Gross Basic Salary and Other Benefits
- N 366,604 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Application Deadline 4th November, 2021.