Workforce Manager at the Confederation of African Football (CAF)
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Workforce Manager
Location: Ivory Coast
- Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit a Workforce Manager.
- CAF is looking for a Workforce Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
- This role is a temporary contract, and the role will be based in Côte d'Ivoire.
- Responsible for workforce planning, administration & logistics for the tournament in conjunction with the respective project lead.
- Build, sustain, and clarify country-specific people processes, policies, and procedures. Create a consistent business practice and consider local needs.
- Develop and implement Workforce Experience Service Excellence.
- Development of an innovative Workforce IT Solution (Workforce Management Module and Freelancer Database), in order to ensure that Workforce Management adds value to CAF tournaments and events.
- Recruit, screen and manage freelancers – building a global talent pool.
- Develop e-learning modules and content for freelancers.
- Manage contracting of all external workforce members on behalf of respective project leads.
- Assign service-levels for event-time service and other needs, such as accommodation, mobiles phones, travel & transport requirements, etc. for all the CAF different workforce-member groups.
- Lead Workforce Planning for the tournament and the overall Total Workforce approach.
- Develop, implement and be the main responsible for the ‘flexible workforce’ strategy, this includes the development of the concept and implementation (including capture of demand).
- Manage the strategic overview of total Workforce for the Tournament and agree on the Workforce budget and calendar.
- Ensure that all planned roles are filled with qualified workforce members out of the available pool of staff, freelancers, member association staff, volunteers, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, HR, Workforce Management, or related fields.
- At least 5-years of relevant experience in workforce management at major sporting events.
- Able to operate and communicate with senior stakeholders.
- Innovative and Service-focused.
- Ability to remain calm in highly pressured and fast-moving environments.
- Discretion & High level of accountability.
- Flexible and dynamic.
- Experience in the delivery of large-scale sporting events, preferably across continents or regions.
- Fluent in English and French Language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a Plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
Application Deadline 15th October, 2022.
- Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration