X-ray Technician at Sigma Consulting
Sigma Consulting is one of the fast growing Nigeria’s management & healthcare consulting firms. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. For more than 5 years, we’ve been passionate about achieving better results for our clients, results that go beyond financials and are uniquely tailored, pragmatic, holistic , sustainable and clients oriented. Sigma has more than 41 consultants in major industries and provided services in 3 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: X-ray Technician
Location: Ogba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to employ a dedicated and skilled X-ray technician to take quality x-rays of patients’ bones, soft tissues, or organs as instructed by patients' physicians.
- The X-ray technician's responsibilities include monitoring radiology supplies, attending mandatory staff meetings and training sessions, and ensuring that the x-ray machines are set at the correct radiation levels.
- You should also ensure that all x-ray rooms are clean and tidy at all times.
- Verifying patients' identity and reviewing physicians’ orders before beginning x-ray procedures.
- Using x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients' bones, tissues, and organs as per physicians’ written orders.
- Ensuring that the x-rays taken are of sound quality to prevent repeat procedures.
- Working closely with the resident Radiologist to determine whether further tests are required.
- Ensuring that the x-ray equipment is regularly serviced and in good working order.
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their questions.
- Positioning patients accordingly, which may include lifting and moving patients with limited mobility.
- Limiting patients' exposure to radiation by placing lead shields on patients where needed.
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Radiologic Technology, Radiology, or a related field
- 2 years Proven experience working as an X-ray technician.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A patient and compassionate disposition.
- Ability to move or lift patients.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
N70,000 - N80,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 20th September, 2022.