Pianist Job Description
Job Descriptions > Trade and Services > Pianist
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Pianist? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Pianist? What does a Pianist do?
Job Description of a Pianist
Pianists are musicians who entertain audiences with piano music. They may perform in front of live audiences in theatre productions, supermarkets, and hotels, or work in a studio.
Pianist Duties and Responsibilities
Pianist job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Understanding project requirements and showing up on time for scheduled rehearsals, recitals, concerts, private tutoring sessions, and marketing events.
- Practicing required ensembles and pieces on your own, as well as with other musicians.
- Organizing a suitable substitute under the guidance of the Music Director.
- Patiently mentoring apprentices and other pianists.
- Attending ongoing training and music development workshops or lectures.
- Reading, writing, and making edits to musical notation when required.
- Collaborating with artists, songwriters, musicians, actors, and other professionals.
- Ensuring the piano is well-maintained and making arrangements for repairs and tuning.
- Notifying stakeholders in a timely manner if you are ill, running late, or unable to perform or show up for lessons.
Pianist Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Pianist job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Music, Musical Theory, Composition or similar may be required.
- Master’s degree may be preferred.
- Great time management and tutoring skills as well as discipline.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to sight-read, play from memory, and improvise.
- Ability to play other instruments is advantageous.
- Resilience and excellent endurance.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Pianist starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Pianist job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Pianist may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Pianist Job Description