Process Technician Job Description
Job Descriptions > Manufacturing, Transport and Logistics > Process Technician
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Process Technician? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Process Technician? What does a Process Technician do?
Job Description of a Process Technician
Process technicians monitor and improve manufacturing processes. While their specific duties vary depending on the industry, they are generally responsible for monitoring and adjusting machine parameters, testing batch quality, and reporting equipment malfunctions.
Process Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Process Technician job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Identifying and monitoring production machine parameters.
- Monitoring and testing product/batch quality.
- Ensuring production processes run smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintaining a clean and safe production area.
- Ensuring all service personal adhere to safety protocols.
- Identifying areas of production that can be improved or increased.
- Identifying machine faults and production rate errors.
- Maintaining production logbooks.
- Reporting faults and breakdowns to supervisors and production engineers.
Process Technician Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Process Technician job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
- 3+ years' experience as a process technician.
- Ability to work shifts and possibly nights.
- Comfortable working in a noisy environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent analytical and observational skills.
- Sound knowlege of industrial machines and mechanical processes.
- Advanced report-writing skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Process Technician starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Process Technician job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Process Technician may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Process Technician Job Description