Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Engineering > Quality Assurance Engineer
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Quality Assurance Engineer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Quality Assurance Engineer? What does a Quality Assurance Engineer do?
Job Description of a Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineers are responsible for assessing the quality of specifications and technical design documents in order to ensure timely, relevant and meaningful feedback. They are involved in planning and implementing strategies for quality management and testing.
Quality Assurance Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
Quality Assurance Engineer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Test current products and identifying deficiencies
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Oversee continuous improvement projects
- Collect quality data
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management
Quality Assurance Engineer Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Quality Assurance Engineer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- x years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- x years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- x years of experience with coding using JAVA, HTML5, DB2, XML
- x years of experience with web security technology
- x years of experience with software QA tools and processes
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Quality Assurance Engineer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Quality Assurance Engineer job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Quality Assurance Engineer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description