Validation Engineer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Information Technology > Validation Engineer
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Validation Engineer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Validation Engineer? What does a Validation Engineer do?
Job Description of a Validation Engineer
Validation Engineers are generally responsible for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring company's or organization's validation strategy. Validation Engineering roles are most popular in highly regulated industries such as pharmaceutical, medical device manufacturing or some IT fields.
Validation Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
Validation Engineer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Conduct firmware validation testing of automotive and handheld devices
- Provide documentation, debug information, and reproduction steps when unexpected device behavior is seen.
- Define validation test plans and procedures for new products and firmware changes
- Assist with automating firmware validation
- Work with hardware engineers and firmware developers
- Define relevant engineering requirements
- Actively participate in product development cycle
- Give suggestions for more optimized solutions
- Give feedback and participate in new idea generation
- Always ensure quality issues are addressed and resolved prior to release.
- Keep up to date on overall activities of the team, identify issues early and take constructive, corrective actions.
Validation Engineer Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Validation Engineer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- x years validation experience or similar role
- Knowledge in C#, Python, Linux shell scripting
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with writing test /validation code in Linux environments with Python
- Knowledge of Software validation process, automation techniques, and testing methodologies
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Validation Engineer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Validation Engineer job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Validation Engineer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Validation Engineer Job Description