Volunteer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Community Services and Development > Volunteer
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Volunteer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Volunteer? What does a Volunteer do?
Job Description of a Volunteer
Volunteers are individuals who freely offer their time, labor, and expertise to NGOs, Schools etc where they typically receive training and report to designated senior staff.
Volunteer Duties and Responsibilities
Volunteer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Understanding your role and responsibilities as well as the rules and safety regulations of the organization.
- Completing the relevant training and asking questions if you are uncertain about anything.
- Completing all duties assigned by the Supervisor and reporting any issues immediately.
- Delivering presentations or reports if necessary.
- Communicating with the Supervisor or relevant stakeholders when you are running late or unable to fulfill your duties.
- Observing the rules and safety regulations of the organization while carrying out tasks.
- Arriving on time for duty and remaining professional in your interactions with all stakeholders.
- Making recommendations for improvement where feasible and appropriate.
Volunteer Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Volunteer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Completion of relevant training might be required.
- A willingness to learn and work as part of a team.
- Good time management and reliable transport.
- A personable manner.
- A high degree of professionalism and the ability to follow instructions.
- Respect and diligence.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Volunteer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Volunteer job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Volunteer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Volunteer Job Description