Victim Advocate Job Description
Job Descriptions > Community Services and Development > Victim Advocate
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Victim Advocate? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Victim Advocate? What does a Victim Advocate do?
Job Description of a Victim Advocate
Victim Advocates support individuals following their endurance of unjust actions. Victim Advocates discern their clients' experiences, deliver sound emotional support, and issue guidance through pertinent legal processes.
Victim Advocate Duties and Responsibilities
Victim Advocate job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Co-creating safe platforms where victims can divulge their experiences.
- Discerning victims' requirements.
- Outlining all pertinent avenues and resources.
- Assisting victims to institute suitable legal action, if desired.
- Accompanying victims to their legal hearings.
- Representing and articulating victims' needs, where appropriate.
- Tracking victims' case outcomes.
- Petitioning state and non-governmental institutes to safeguard victims' needs.
Victim Advocate Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Victim Advocate job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma.
- Formal Social Scientific or Legal training is ideal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An empathic, hands-on, and highly organized disposition.
- Driven to attain justice.
- Demonstrable advocacy experience, where victim-centered work is preferred.
- Knowledgeable about standard legal processes.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Victim Advocate starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Victim Advocate job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Victim Advocate may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Victim Advocate Job Description