Volunteer Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Community Services and Development > Volunteer Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Volunteer Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Volunteer Manager? What does a Volunteer Manager do?
Job Description of a Volunteer Manager
Volunteer Managers hire and supervise the functioning of unremunerated workers (volunteers) usually in non-governmental organizations.
Volunteer Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Volunteer Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Sourcing suitably qualified and earnest Volunteers.
- Devising goal-oriented work schedules.
- Assigning routine and ad hoc responsibilities to Volunteers.
- Ensuring compliance with Volunteer-specific and company-wide guidelines.
- Promoting budgetary compliance to preserve our operations.
- Issuing sound instruction and appropriate mentorship.
- Reviewing Volunteers' performance at scheduled intervals.
Volunteer Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Volunteer Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma.
- Receipt of formal Managerial training is advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A decisive, empathic, and goal-driven disposition.
- Culturally sensitive.
- In-depth Managerial experience, ideally in Volunteer-driven contexts.
- Valid driver's license.
- Well-honed budget management techniques.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Volunteer Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Volunteer Manager job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Volunteer Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Volunteer Manager Job Description