We are a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization
implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care
and treatment programe in partnership with the different tiers of the
Government of Nigeria.
We currently require the services of resourceful,
experienced and dynamic professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy State Program Manager
- Incumbent will assist the State Program Manager in managing and
providing technical guidance to the state implementation team on
HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs
- The successful candidate will assist in supervising a team of
multi-disciplinary professionals providing technical assistance and
support to facilities implementing HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs.
- The position will foster productive working relationships
between the organization and stakeholders organizations while
maintaining an excellent working relationship with counterparts at State
and Local levels, USG implementing partners, and local institutions
- H/she will be very experienced in the clinical care and
management of HIV patients and will be the technical lead on clinical
- Additional responsibilities will be to provide supportive
supervision supervision to clinical / technical staff based in the state
of effectively meet their performance objectives.
- Assist with individual and site work Planning, support state strategic planning, and reporting to donors.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Health Management, Medicine, or Nursing.
- Clinical experience in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment is a must.
- Strong management skills
- Must be capable of independently developing and implementing the duties described above.
- Ability to speak local language is an added advantage.
- Supervisory experience preferably in health program management.
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC experience working in health care system in Nigeria.
- Experience working in collaboration with Local Government partners, U.S. Government or bilateral donor preferred.
- Candidate must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, computer application and Internet / Email.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Significant amounts of travel may be involved.
- Commitment to an understanding or organisation’s vision, value
and principles including rights – based /gender approaches would be
Terms of Employment
- The organisation offers highly competitive salary package for this position.
- Appointment for this position will be subject to a probationary period; and local terms and conditions are applicable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and suitability statement as Microsoft Word attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of email should be the Job Title and Location applied for
and the applicant’s full name, e.g Deputy State Program Manager,Gombe
State, Ayomitide Kelvin.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 1st April, 2015.