What is the job description and role of a Tax inspector? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Tax inspector?
Tax inspector Assistant Job Description
Tax inspectors calculate the tax liability of businesses and individuals, check tax returns and identify tax evasion.
Job Description, Duties, Functions, Roles and Responsibilities of a Tax inspector
- managing junior clerical and technical staff
- Tax Inspectors manage budgets and resources
- agreeing settlements in person or via written correspondence with taxpayers or their representatives (accountants and lawyers)
- investigating cases via interviews, visits and research
- Tax inspectors write reports
- providing guidance about and applying taxation legislation
- representing the Inland Revenue in disputes brought before the tax commissioners
- Tax Inspectors examine financial accounts and related documents