Accounting Coordinator Job Description
Job Descriptions > Accounting > Accounting Coordinator
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of an Accounting Coordinator? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Accounting Coordinator? What does an Accounting Coordinator do?
Job Description of an Accounting Coordinator
Accounting Coordinators ensure that the accounting department operates smoothly and handle communications between the different parts of the accounting department and other external parties. They maintain records, prepare financial reports and paperwork, and ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with company, state, and federal financial regulations.
Accounting Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting Coordinator job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Working with other members of the accounting department to compile, analyze, and report financial data.
- Making journal or ledger entries.
- Using bookkeeping software and entering information into company files or databases, ensuring that all financial records are complete and accurate.
- Ensuring that company bills are paid and debts are collected.
- Implementing and enforcing financial and inventory controls.
- Staying current on company, local, state, and federal financial regulations and policies.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, and yearly financial reports and budgets.
- Assisting with tax preparation, audits, and identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Act as a point of contact between internal departments and accounting, serving as a liaison between accounting and external parties, including clients, suppliers, and lenders.
Accounting Coordinator Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Accounting Coordinator job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Experience in bookkeeping, management, or relevant field may be required.
- CPA certification may receive preference.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
- High level of accountability, accuracy, and efficiency, especially when multitasking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, time management, problem-solving, and math skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting and legislation.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Accounting Coordinator starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Accounting Coordinator job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of an Accounting Coordinator may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Accounting Coordinator Job Description