Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Billing Clerk? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Billing Clerk? What does a Billing Clerk do?As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Billing Clerk starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Billing Clerk job description sample to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Billing Clerk may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Billing Clerk Job Description
Job Descriptions > Accounting > Billing Clerk
This Billing Clerk job description template includes the list of most important Billing Clerk duties and responsibilities. It can be modified to fit the specific Billing Clerk profile you're trying to fill as a recruiter or job seeker.
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Billing Clerk? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Billing Clerk? What does a Billing Clerk do?
Job Description of a Billing Clerk
Billing Clerks are responsible for monitoring company revenues; keeping track of money owed by customers, preparing invoices and updating records. Billing clerks create invoices, credit memos, update accounting records, customer information, and send payment reminders. They deal with customers, send them invoices and answer any queries.
Billing Clerk Duties and ResponsibilitiesBilling Clerk job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Creating and issuing invoices to customers.
- Processing credit memos.
- Preparing account statements for customers.
- Following up on outstanding payments and answering customer queries.
- Monitoring all payments and preparing monthly billing reports.
- Managing account balances and resolving inconsistencies.
- Assisting the accounting department with the preparation of financial reports.
- Updating accounting records with issued invoices, processed payments, new balances, and customer contact information.
Billing Clerk Requirements / Skills / QualificationsBilling Clerk job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma; further education will be a plus
- Proven experience as billing clerk or general accounting experience
- Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); Working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Quickbooks) will be appreciated
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent math ability
- Good organizational skills
Similar to Billing Clerk Job Description