Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Tax Accountant? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Tax Accountant? What does a Tax Accountant do?As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Tax Accountant starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Tax Accountant job description sample to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Tax Accountant may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Tax Accountant Job Description
Job Descriptions > Accounting > Tax Accountant
This Tax Accountant job description template includes the list of most important Tax Accountant duties and responsibilities. It can be modified to fit the specific Tax Accountant profile you're trying to fill as a recruiter or job seeker.
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Tax Accountant? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Tax Accountant? What does a Tax Accountant do?
Job Description of a Tax AccountantA Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting clients and companies with their financial and income tax statements. These qualified professionals research, study and interpret tax law. Their work includes preparing payments, identifying tax savings, and analyzing tax issues.
Tax Accountant Duties and ResponsibilitiesTax Accountant job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Prepare tax payments
- Estimate and track tax returns
- Complete quarterly and annual tax reports
- Organize and update the company’s tax database
- Recommend tax strategies that align with business goals
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- Share financial data with the accounting department
- Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profits
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Forecast tax predictions to senior managers
Tax Accountant Requirements / Skills / QualificationsTax Accountant job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- B.Sc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant subject;
- Industry certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) is preferred
- Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software packages
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
Similar to Tax Accountant Job Description