Accounting Specialist Job Description
Job Descriptions > Accounting > Accounting Specialist
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of an Accounting Specialist? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Accounting Specialist? What does an Accounting Specialist do?
Job Description of an Accounting Specialist
Accounting Specialists use receipts and other documents to verify and process transactions, record and analyze financial information, communicate with lenders, clients, and suppliers, and assist with daily, monthly, and yearly accounting activities and projects.
Accounting Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting Specialist job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Using documents to verify, record, and process transactions.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies and inventory.
- Assisting the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Communicating with clients to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies.
- Participating in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments, current financial legislation, and company policies and procedures.
- Speaking with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
Accounting Specialist Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Accounting Specialist job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- More education or experience is often required.
- Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently analyze data.
- Exceptional time management, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Strong math and research skills.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of bookkeeping software.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Accounting Specialist starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Accounting Specialist job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of an Accounting Specialist may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Accounting Specialist Job Description