Payroll Coordinator Job Description
Job Descriptions > Accounting > Payroll Coordinator
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Payroll Coordinator? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Payroll Coordinator? What does a Payroll Coordinator do?
Job Description of a Payroll Coordinator
Payroll Coordinators are responsible for managing all aspects of payroll processing. They collect and verify employee data, compute wages, and ensure employees receive correct payment.
Payroll Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Payroll Coordinator job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Collecting and verifying employee and timekeeping data.
- Computing wages, deductions, commissions, benefits, etc.
- Reviewing computed wages to ensure accuracy.
- Issuing and distributing paychecks.
- Answering questions and resolving issues regarding payroll.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, relevant industry regulations, tax, and deduction laws.
- Preparing payroll reports for management and auditing purposes.
- Updating payroll information for promotions, transfers, terminations, and new hires.
- Recording and maintaining employee records and payroll transactions.
- Preparing statements reflecting earnings, taxes, and deductions.
Payroll Coordinator Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Payroll Coordinator job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Experience in payroll administration.
- Good working knowledge of accounting practices and tax laws.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, payroll systems and database software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Payroll Coordinator starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Payroll Coordinator job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Payroll Coordinator may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Payroll Coordinator Job Description