G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which
specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where
security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. We make a
difference by helping people to operate in safe and secure environments
where they can
thrive and prosper and we believe this role can only grow
in importance. G4S is the largest employer on the London Stock
Exchange, with operations in more than 125 countries and over 620,000
employees. In this annual report we feature the important work carried
out by our employees across our 125 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Manager
- Responsible for the daily operations of the Finance department.
Provides financial information to management by researching and
analyzing accounting data; preparing reports. Ensure company accounting
procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information;
preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Undertake any other tasks as and when required.
- A degree in Accounting,
- Qualified Chartered Accountant and other professional accounting knowledge.
- 5 years Experience Minimum
- Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to
Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, SFAS Rules,
Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
- Knowledge of SAGE Pastel and knowledge of BPC will be an added advantage.
- Only those qualified should apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!