Alexander Nelson – A leading real estate development company located in Ikoyi, Lagos with international affiliation is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Engineer
- Site engineers turn the plans of consulting civil engineers (designers) into reality.
- They oversee the actual construction on the ground and work in conjunction with other professionals.
- He must have a good understanding of design and construction processes, as well as of health and safety issues.
- As an engineer he will use his professional expertise to organise human and material resources on site, ensure that the project runs to time and budget and is safe to work on.
- Liaise and work jointly with the design team (consulting engineers);
- Negotiate modifications with architects and consulting engineers;
- Deal skillfully with a diverse range of people including clients, architects, other engineering professionals, sub-contractors and members of the public;
- Take responsibility for health and safety on site;
- Make judgements and solve problems;
- Supervise construction;
- Deal with the logistics of supplies;
- Schedule work;
- Provide appropriate plans for construction;
- Monitor the provision of materials;
- Liaise with, and direct, the sub-contractors employed on the project;
- Ensure quality of workmanship;
- Find solutions to and overcome unforeseen construction difficulties;
- Schedule and adjust each stage of the project to meet time and budget targets;
- Deal with any complaints from local people experiencing disruption due to building works.
- HND/B.Sc in Civil Engineering.
- Proactive innovator, always looking for continuous improvement
- Positive “can do” attitude
- A team player
- Committed and passionate about work
- Computer literate (Word, Excel/Microsoft Office, AutoCad)
- Additional relevant qualification and professional certification is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years as construction in a reputable construction company.
- Safety conscious.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply