Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Communication Technology Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Reporting to: Business Support Manager (BSM)
Purpose of Job
- To provide timely and effective Information Communications Technology Service to the Emergency Response Team in carrying out their work.
- The job holder will provide support to all staff; including acquisition, management and the use of IT & IS tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Maintenance of IT infrastructure:
- Provide first line software support to staff, including troubleshooting all software problems
- Install new PC and other hardware equipment according to Oxfam standard
- Submits IT requirements for annual IT budgeting costs for the Maiduguri office
- From time to time may be required to provide technical support to other offices within the region
- Implements and manages a helpdesk system that will capture regular support issue for the purpose of generating management information required for performance improvement
- Ensures that the IT infrastructure is supported by stable power connectivity in the offices
- Carries out hands-on routine maintenance and servicing of computers
- Delivery of client Microsoft Outlook setup and troubleshooting outlook issues and webmail access.
- Management of the Local Area Network (LAN) and the Wireless Local Area Network, with aim of optimal performance of the network infrastructure
- Management of Cloud File storage systems and maintenance of Folder sync structure.
- Delivery of critical Microsoft Windows (Client) operating system patch and updates.
- Prepare monthly progress report detailing achievements, challenges and plans of action for the future and send to the NE Humanitarian Coordinator and the Country IT Officer
- Maintain an up to date network Data and Telephone patching of users and a network schema
- To work with the programme team in design of flagship program by inputting onto the section of ICT4D design and framework guidelines on the use of ICT in programme work (i.e. ICT4D). Also coordinate the use of the MIS portal for program information management
- Ensure optimal performance of VSAT equipment and Microwave assembly with active monitoring of active link to achieve throughput and QoS.
- Ensure efficiency in delivery of Wireless networks (Wifi, Point to Point wireless connections)
- Management of Mobile technologies for Emergency Response i.e. 3G, mobile data collection for roaming staff and support delivery of LMMS which are in line with Oxfam IS standard tool sets.
- Maintains the local area network and the Windows server. Ensure the reliability of the local e-mail and Internet systems in Maiduguri office and programme field offices.
- Manages network according to minimum standards, including: taking regular backups of all local data, ensuring that the virus protection software is installed on all machines & updated regularly, upgrading and installing new versions of software on the server and the workstations in the office.
- Management and maintenance of all computer systems in the office, assessment of requirements on purchase of hardware/software for the office. To ensure this is done in coordination with Logistics & Procurement team.
- Provides training to all staff. Induct new staff on Oxfam’s computer systems.
- Provides first level hardware maintenance & upgrades.
- Keeps an up to date inventory of all IT equipment both software and hardware.
- Advise management on implementation of cost effective technologies like Voice Over
- Internet Protocol (VOIP) and Video Conference in line with corporate strategy
- Ensures that the Oxfam switchboard lines are in working order
- Generates a regular report for management on use of telephones etc
IT Supplier Support:
- Manages IT Service level agreements / contracts plus input on technical issues
- Follows up on maintenance / repairs of IT equipment.
- Originates purchase of office equipment in consultation with the Logistics team
- Ensures that phone/data bills are received and payment processed on time
Support to Field Office Programme:
- Carries out remote support to the field offices to ensure that systems are running efficiently
- to agreed expected standards
- Supports the program leads on any technical issues
- Regular visits to check on systems performance (VSAT, backups, antivirus, network etc)
Office Equipment Maintenance:
- Ensures that email, and telephone services are meeting Oxfam minimum standards and programme delivery needs
- Ensures that office equipment (especially printers, scanners and copiers) is in good order and any breakdowns are responded to immediately. To be responsible for maintaining contracts with all service providers.
- Ensure availability, reliability, suitability and proper functionality of all business equipment (printers/scanners/projectors) in the office.
- Maintains the office asset register which must be updated regularly and reported to the designate as part of the country financial reports.
- Basic Degree in Computer Science or related subject from a recognized university.
- 3-4 years troubleshooting, database design, information management experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and SharePoint is required.
- A high level of self-awareness, personal energy, stamina and flexibility.
- Ability to work creatively, effectively and under own initiative
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work
- Knowledge on project management, business continuity plan
- Knowledge of VSAT assembly and Radio Frequency technology
- Knowledge of the use of Routers and Switches, with administration and configuration abilities
- Sensitivity to gender and diversity issues in work practices.
- Effective communication skills / good working knowledge in English
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as member of a team.
- Organisational awareness and understanding of the significance of information technology
- for management decisions.
- Professional qualifications – MCSE, CCNA, or CCNP will be an added advantage
- Significant knowledge and experience in basic hardware (how hardware works), operating systems (like Windows Server 2012 and Window 7) training and training on other applications
- Ability to solve some of the hardware problems on their own and provide good support on applications to the users (job specific).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and able to organise work effectively whilst being proactive and showing initiative and tenacity (achieving results)
- Ability to show logic and thinking through options before deciding on a course of action (thinking and understanding).
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues
- Working experience with International NGOs
- Experience in Emergency Response will be an added advantage
- Willingness to work in other location within North East
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s and motivation letter to: email@example.com (Please use: ICT/May/ 2018/your name as the subject line
- We need to fill this position on urgent basis. Therefore, we will be reviewing applications on daily basis as we receive them. Therefore, please send your application as early as possible.
- Oxfam is an equal opportunity organization. Women & Minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are hereby informed that job hiring are solely made the HR department of Oxfam Maiduguri therefore, interested candidates are advised to refrain from forwarding CV or any money to agents/agencies or even Oxfam Nigeria officials.