KPMG Nigeria – Our client, a leading player in the Manufacturing Industry in Nigeria that proffer quality products and results to its customers. In line with the company’s desire to fill key roles with best-in class talent in terms of experience and skills, the client seeks to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Ref #: EK 34
Detailed Job Description
- The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for the organisation’s Operational functions.
- The role will lead the implementation of the organisations’ strategic goals around service delivery and performance by driving quality, managing and executing process development initiatives.
Principal Duties and Requirements
- Oversee daily manufacturing operations of the company to make adjustment when necessary to ensure effective and efficient results
- Routinely review product manufacturing processes to make sure the highest quality and most cost-effective processes are being used
- Evaluate and improve production quality, on-time-delivery, inventory levels and manpower efficiency on an ongoing basis
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the CEO.
- Provide in-depth knowledge and expertise on end-to-end manufacturing operations – previous plant management experience is very critical
- Influence and earn trust of the CEO and senior management on decision-making processes
- Provide regular clear reporting to the CEO and other relevant stakeholders on business and team performance in line with business objectives
- Promote the company’s business by transforming work-in progress to finished products
- Build and retain a strong and meaningful relationship with top vendors and support all growth opportunities
- Develop operating objectives, goals and KPI’s for plant manager and operating department, including scientific research, manufacturing, production, operations, and administration
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant undergraduate degree, with preference given to candidates with an MBA or Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Operations, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management
- Ability to listen to and interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Expertise overseeing design and manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable, resourceful and strong work ethics.
- Proven operations excellence with the ability of turning client orders to cash
- Minimum of 15 years work experience in operation management in the manufacturing industry
- Ability to manage senior level management employees and give direction to workers at all levels
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply