Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Horticulturist
- Commercial horticulturists will be involved with cultivating, packaging crops ranging from food and vegetables to decorative plants.
- At the top levels, they are business-minded managers who monitor all aspects of the production process, helping to make sure that crops go smoothly from seedbed to market.
- Negotiating contracts with buyers and suppliers
- Liaising with colleagues, local officials, customers, professional groups etc
- Ensuring that deadlines and quality standards are met within set budgets
- Organising/giving presentations and demonstrations
- Marketing and selling produce
- Attending conferences.
- Overseeing the cultivation and maintenance of plants and crops
- Managing weed/pest/disease control programmes
- Organising horticultural trials
- Analysing horticultural yields, operational costs and financial returns
- Maintaining financial and administrative records
- Supervising and training staff
- Developing new products
- Minimum of M.Sc in Horticulture
- Minimum of 3 years working experience
- Good Communication Skills
Key skills for commercial horticulturists:
- In addition to horticultural skills and knowledge, employers look for evidence of initiative, commercial awareness and good problem-solving, communication, teamworking and organisational skills.
- All candidates must be physically fit and capable of working well under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 30th August, 2018.