Efficacy Construction Company is a Lagos Nigerian-based building construction, civil engineering and project management company that specializes in all building construction, civil engineering and project management works.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Machine Operator (Excavator, Backhoe, Dumper, ETC.)
Education & Training
- Minimum of SSCE.
- Degrees or courses from vocational schools in construction equipment operation and maintenance (as an add advantage).
- Heavy equipment operators must have a driver’s license to work on the equipment.
- The ideal candidate will have a good machine and equipment in a construction background.
- Ideally at least 5 years’ experience working for a Machine Operator.
- Perform road work, excavation work, lifting work, etc.
- Respond to signals and directions by the staff and work in coordination with them
- Operate the equipment manually and also through the use of electronic or technical methods of operation.
- Work in adherence to safe practices, procedures, work site or traffic laws.
- Perform other duties, as and when assigned
- Provide support to successful completion of construction and engineering work
- Operate all heavy equipment like cranes, earth movers, bulldozers, front-end loaders, and other related equipment.
- Operate the equipment in the right direction and angles to prevent accidents and damage of property.
- Perform periodical safety, maintenance or servicing checks to ensure proper functioning of the equipment.
- Perform minor repair works during functioning problems
- Inform and advise the management or repairmen for major repairs or maintenance
A heavy equipment operator must possess knowledge to perform his/her job satisfactorily. The essential criteria must include the knowledge of:
- Heavy equipment operation
- Maintenance and repair of heavy and power-driven equipment
- New methods and techniques of operation and the parts of the equipment
- Workplace safety practices
- Both manual and electronic operations
Skills and Abilities:
- Possess a deep analytical understanding and problem solving skills
- Can work independently with minimum supervision
- Good relationship building ability
- Flexible to work during odd hours
- Must have physical ability to stand strenuous and dangerous work environmental
- Possess physical strength to operate heavy and power-driven equipment
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to communicate and interact both verbally and written
- A keen eye to details and good decision making skills
- Manage to handle emergency situations, work pressure and stress
- Ability to complete work projects on time and in an effective manner
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com