Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socioeconomic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the following position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, CHTB – Database/GIS
Contract Type: Fixed Terrn
- Technical Officer-CHTB-Database/GIS Under the direction of the Senior Technical Officer- Database, the Technical Officer CHTB-Database/GIS will be responsible for the day to day operations of data processing. S/he is responsible for the planning, maintenance and development of AHNI databases and Geographical information system (GIS). The database approach incorporates the following principles:
- Data remains consistent across the database;
- Data is clearly defined;
- Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs;
- There is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- The application design include web, desktop and mobile GIS applications. Other responsibilities include the design and creation of spatial products, including maps, digital data, reports and statistics.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Strong background in geospatial and health information systems (GIS) and for database management is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Geographic Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years post national youth service relevant experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume/CV as a single MS Word Document to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 14th December, 2018.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.