The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s emergency response team, with local partner CISCOPE (civil society coalition for poverty eradication), implemented a project to support livelihoods and improve WASH in kogi state from February to May 2013. This was followed by a 3-month nutrition and food security program in the same location from October 2013 to January 2014. IRC has been supporting programs in Adamawa state early 2014 and expanded into Maiduguri in late 2015. The headquarters for IRC Nigeria is in Abuja city and provide support for the field office from the head office.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin/Supply Chain Intern
Start Date: Asap
Scope Of Work
- And any other job that will be assigned by the Supply chain manager and the Supply chain Coordinator
- Report to the Supply Chain Manager.
- The supply chain Intern will help with logistics; provide critical support functions in the office.
- He /She will maintain a database of good and reliable suppliers for different categories of work
- Under the supervision of the Supply chain manager, assure the delivery of goods and items in good condition.
- Ensure the safety of the office and make an inventory of the office items following good management practices and proper recording of information
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- supply chain / logistics qualifications highly desirable.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills (MS word, excel, PowerPoint, and outlook.
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th February, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!