International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The incumbent will be responsible for the overall implementation of CMAM and IYCF in collaboration with other nutrition and SMOH staff and integration with other programs/He will facilitate good practice and ensure compliance to applicable implementation of national CMAM guidelines.
- Ensure timely identification of complications, non-responders, and referrals.
- Ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics
- Through liaison with the community volunteers provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the program, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems… etc.
- Provide key health and nutrition education messages to beneficiaries based on the protocol and guidelines
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary.
- Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries properly
- Provide a daily and weekly CMAM report to the nutrition officer.
- Supporting targeting of beneficiaries; formation and establishment of Care groups; selection of community volunteers and members of community structures.
- Work closely with lead mothers to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community.
- Take lead on the CMAM services at fixed and mobile outreach.
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
- Ensure all children are immunized according to the national protocols.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered Nurse with a Degree in Nursing from a recognized Nursing institute.
- Over two (2) years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF programmes
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption letter
- Valid and current practicing license.
- Excellent report-writing skills is an additive
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications which should be addressed to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 22nd January, 2019.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.