Olam Nigeria is a leading company in the Agricultural and Packaged Foods sector in Nigeria and has been the leading exporter in Nigeria’s non-oil sector in the last several years.
At Olam manufacturing has become an essential part of our growth story & Manufacturing, Innovation & Procurement Services (MIPS) as a function plays a critical role globally. MIPS manages a network of 210 manufacturing plants and 2 Development centers across 10 Business units in 19 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Seniority level: Associate
Employment type: Full-time
Job function: Production, Manufacturing, Engineering
Industries: Food & Beverages, Food Production
- Ensuring compliance to engineering norms, policies and procedures of the company with the objective of achieving a zero breakdown culture in collaboration with all stakeholders by constantly developing, planning and implementing maintenance best practices and training of plant personnel.
Improve business processes on maintenance & engineering:
- Ensure compliance to Safety and Food Safety requirements from engineering & maintenance function
- Ensure adherence to all applicable regulatory and statutory requirements
- Review and monitor operating budgets
- Develop, plan and implement good maintenance practices to ensure effective asset utilization
- Analyze breakdowns and put corrective measures to improve Availability and OEE
- Lead the PM Pillar team in WCM and support other pillars on engineering related requirements
- Develop and train the team to improve the effectiveness of implementation of best/ next practices in the area of work.
- Identify training needs of team members in order to enhance skills and develop/maintain a motivated team.
- Plan and conduct training for all plant personnel on maintenance best practices
Spares & Cost Management:
- Management of engineering stores with effective 5S and inventory management
- Monitor specific fuel & energy consumption at each stage, review and work towards reduction of consumption & costs.
- Review requirements of spares and ensure availability
- Review cost of spares and maintenance and ensure adherence to budgets
- Develop alternate vendors to improve performance and cost
- Review and report compliance status for identified risks
- Report all business risk related non-conformances and escalation.
- Report to all concerned stake holders on business risk in this area.
- Liaise with statutory , regulatory and government agencies.
- Selection of Capacity, Capability, Appropriate Technology, Energy requirements etc for Opex and Capex Projects as and when required
- Execute implementation of projects within timelines and cost
- Assist in commissioning and start-up of new projects
- Validate engineering aspects during scale up trials and share trial reports to all stakeholders.
Review & Reporting:
- Collection of information on functional activities & present the same
- Make available information and necessary documents related to engineering & PM Pillar KPI for review at any point of time.
- Develop appropriate tracking mechanism to report progress on a daily/weekly/fortnightly /Monthly/Quarterly and on annualized basis on outcomes of implementation of annual plan
Qualification & Experience
- BE/B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from a reputed institute
- 10+ years of experience in FMCG companies of repute, preferably bottling/aseptic dairy products with a minimum of 3 years of experience as Head of Engineering department
Essentials Skills & Competencies:
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiation skills.
- A hands-on experience of implementing TPM or WCM/Manufacturing Excellence is a must. Exposure to Lean or Six Sigma would be an added advantage
- Experience of managing engineering function of a bottling plant, preferably aseptic dairy technology with Tetrapak and Sidel bottling lines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply