Adexen has been mandated by a client in the logistics and transport industry to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Industry: Logistics & Transport
Job Category: Accounting and Finance
- Liaise with external auditors and submitting request documents during audit.
- Maintain fixed assets register and reconcile to general ledger control account
- Facilitate debt collection for the company main debtors
- Coordinate bank reconciliation
- Maintain creditors records for the company
- Process payroll for the employees.
- Process invoices in accounting system.
- Process Payment vouchers.
- Obtain Payment Voucher approval.
- Process cheques or payment instructions.
- Issue cheques to suppliers.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Prepare Payment schedules.
- Process invoices to customers suppliers and other clients.
- Match invoices to approved PO or requests as applicable.
- Prepare and submit statutory returns.
- Manage the team to ensure compliance with existing accounting policies and standard accounting practices in the company’s policies.
- Ensure production and review of monthly management accounts and associated reconciliations within the specified monthly deadlines.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of the company’s financial transactions.
- Liaise with the company bankers on a regular basis.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of the company’s general ledgers
- Handle all tax fillings of the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be ICAN certified.
- Good knowledge of Peachtree, SAGE and Quickbook.
- Good communication skill both oral and written.
- Bachelor’s degree in any social science discipline or related field.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 3-5 years’ working experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!