Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mental Health Supervisor
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistics linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager; as well as the epidemiological team as required.
- In collaboration with the MH Activity Manager, assist in planning and facilitating internal (within MSF) and external trainings / workshops.
- Participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / psycho-social related services in the Ebonyi Lassa Fever programme in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, and the Federal Teaching Hospital of Abakaliki FETHA) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate psych-social for patients affected by the Lassa Virus, and their families.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Be available to conduct outreach to community locations within Ebonyi State
- Flexibility to respond to emergent cases on weekends, if the MH Activity Manager is not available.
- Commit to co-management of patients in the multi-disciplinary treatment team in the Primary Health setting (FETHA).
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in Clinical Psychology/Counseling/other related field is essential Postgraduate Degree in Clinical Psychology is an added advantage
- At least 2 years of Psychosocial counseling experience
- Previous management/supervision experience desirable
- Experience working with the psychological effect of mental health or other traumatic event highly desirable
- International NGO experience will be desirable
- English Language and Igbo language essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a soft copy of their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC certificate/Exemption Letters to: [email protected]
Send their Hard copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Block D 33 Liberation Estate (after the Enugu/Abakaliki express),
Abakaliki – Ebonyi State.
Application Deadline 29th May, 2019.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!