Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Coordinator
Location: Lagos (Head Office)
Reporting To: Senior Manager – Technical
- To implement the company’s HSE strategies within the plant & depot locations
- To ensure that the company operations, staff and customers/visitors comply fully with defined HSE rules and standard
- To ensure that the external environment in Promasidor is clean and organized, monitoring the team of cleaner from Provider.
- Investigates and report accidents in the company and recommend ways of preventing future re-occurrence
- Reviews employee safety programs to determine their adequacy
- Monitors and ensures compliance to safety procedures and regulations in all company operations
- Maintains liaisons with external organizations such as fire departments,mutualaid societies, and rescue teams, so that emergency responses can be facilitated
- Reviews and updates HSE rules and standards in line with national legislation and developments in the industry and international trends
- Check floors of plants to ensure that they are strong enough to support heavymachinery
- Plans and conducts industrial hygiene research
- Ensures the functionality of all safety equipment
- ADVISE safety devices on machinery, or direct device installation
- Ensures compliance with FSMS related activities in the department.
- Investigates industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Reports or review findings from accident investigations,facilities inspections, or environmental testing
- Inspects facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
- Organizes periodic awareness and enlightenment programmes for company’s managers and staff to enhance knowledge and understanding of HSE laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, use of safety equipment and responsibilities within areas of operational responsibility
Insurance (being additional responsibilities):
- To identify insurance needs and package policies that will provide cover for Promasidor by ensuring that requests for Certificates of Insurance and other items are processed on a timely basis and to scrutinize policy documents received from underwriters through the insurance brokers to avoid onerous or unagreed terms, where there are onerous or unagreed terms, to engage the insurance brokers and obtain agreement in form of an appropriate endorsement
Monitoring of Client Outstanding Premiums:
- To ensure raise billls are promptly paid, in line with no premium, no cover provision of insurance act 2003.
- Assist in the annual renewal process for PROMASIDOR by confirming renewal by meeting dates and obtaining the renewal information documents before the renewal meeting.
- Ensure renewal data is obtained before renewal date.
- To facilitate the processing of all claims, in conjunction with the unit manager as follows: Ascertain premium and cover status.
- and Scrutinize claim documents obtained from various business units.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Social Sciences or Engineering
- 5 years relevant experience with adequate knowledge of HSE policy & Practices, legislation & regulatory requirements and standards in a reputable organization.
- Technical Auditing
- HSE Performance & Information
- Risk Assessment & Contingencies
- HSE Governance & Assurance Processes
- HSE Policies & Standards
- HSE Management Systems
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Change Management
- Relationship Management
- Negotiation Result orientation
- Decision making
- Commitment to excellence.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th July, 2019.
- When the page open Click “HSE Coordinator” and apply
- Carefully check the description of this job BEFORE applying for it. Our selection process ensures that we do not recruit anyone who does not meet our requirements.
- So, take some time and examine carefully the job description below. Do not apply if you feel your actual profile does not correspond to our requirements. We regularly have new job openings, if this isn’t a job for you, you could come back at a later date to see if there are suitable jobs available.