IHS, the largest independent tower company in the EMEA Region, are currently recruiting for a Manager, Insurance. In this role, you are responsible for organizing and administering the movement of materials with suppliers to ensure goods & services arrive on time. You follow up with vendors to ensure strict adherence to any Purchase Order (PO) schedule and propose adequate corrective actions while maintaining separate archiving systems for all import & export goods (customs, shipping, packing, invoice, bill of lading)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expeditor
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Liaise with Materials team for specific non-conformity queries and with vendors for corrective actions.
- Handle shipment processing and maintain contact with shopping companies to prevent delays on shipments.
- Liaise with suppliers, transporters and internal departments on delivery information.
- Arrange transport for incoming goods.
- Obtain Customs authorizations for import/ export goods.
- Follow up on local delivery goods until receipt at delivery point.
- Raise/ coordinate and follow up with Customs/ shipping agents claims regarding missing and/or non-conformity of shopped/ received goods.
- Investigate invoice queries from the Finance Department.
- Oversee all Operations/ Project procurement activities including internal/ external coordination of Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) as well as 3rd party expediting and inspection in line with company procedures.
- Support Category Managers in administrative duties, including preparing management reports.
- Provide beneficiaries with accurate and timely response to enquiries on equipment delivery date.
- Maintain a record of outstanding POs and contact vendors through telephone calls, email, and in person.
- Ensure suppliers adhere to price and delivery promises.
- Ensure up-to-date information is provided on product availability, delivery times, and/ or product manufacture.
- Advise internal users of any changes to material availability and/ or part delivery.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Demonstrable experience working within a Buying/ Expediting environment, including interaction with customs and freight forwarding firms and ability to develop contingency plans for late deliveries and/ or defective materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical degree.
- +5 years’ relevant work experience.
- Competent/ proficient in use of tools such as AX, SAP, Tableau, Vendavo, Teradata, SQL Server, SAS and Pricing Optimization methodologies.
- Customer Focus
- Be Bold
- Negotiation Skills
- Written Communication
- Use of MS Office Tools
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Supplier Management
- Stakeholder Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Procurement Processes
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Oral CommunicatioN
- Organizational Skills
- Workload Management
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th July, 2019.