CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Natural Resources Management Officer
Location: Yunusari, Yusufari and Nguru, Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Assistant Project Manager.
Slot: 3 Positions
- Develop training materials for producers and other stakeholders and arrange for necessary trainings.
- Identify capacity development needs of communities in soil and water conservation and other NRM practices.
- Facilitate technical assistance/support for project partners in all relevant areas as appropriate.
- Establish linkages with relevant partners, including government ministries and departments for ensuring that partners are effectively able to implement the role expected of them in natural resource management.
- Coordinate overall implementation of NRM activities in accordance with the project documents and ensure technical quality control.
- Support the assistant Project Manager in the preparation and timely submission of annual, quarterly and monthly project work-plans.
- Assist the APM in monitoring the technical quality of project narrative reports
- Coordinate monitoring / follow up of NRM activities with project staff, partners and government officers.
- Prepare project quarterly work plans and reports on NRM activities.
- Identify the strategic locations for specific interventions (e.g. areas for afforestation, reforestation and agroforestry, terraced farming and rainwater harvesting practices and establishment of vegetative barriers and other soil and water conservation methods) for soil stabilization and control of desertification.
- Develop detailed work plan on natural resource management activities as it relates to
- Oversee the establishment of self-sustaining tree nurseries seedlings for community environment conservation activities.
- Provide technical expertise and strategic guidance to all NRM components of the project assuming quality control of interventions, and support the Project Manager in the coordination of the implementation of planned activities as stipulated in the project document/work plan.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Studies, Agriculture, Forestry or a closely related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Proficient computer and internet skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Experience with the use of databases is an important asset.
- Strong organizational, facilitation and participatory planning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working with climate information systems and adaptation planning processes is an important asset.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the implementation of natural resource management, environmental management and livelihood improvement or climate change adaptation projects;
- Technical experience working in the climate change and climate adaptation field;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of CARE International.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) essential and fluency in at least one of the local languages, preferably Hausa/ Kanuri
- Excellent community mobilization/ sensitization and communication skills.
- Ability to deal well with a diverse population.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers.
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location in Caps (THE JOB TITLE AND LOCATION) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 24th February, 2020.
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourages women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.