Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Private Wealth
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- The Position Holder is responsible for acquiring and maintaining high-value business relationships across focus market segments of institutional, HNI &UHNI segments through the provision of superior investment advice to clientele, optimal structuring of their portfolio to meet both their short to long-term objectives, with the aim of driving FUM growth, achieving set business targets, and overall client satisfaction.
- Strategic Initiatives Responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic initiatives that sustain / improve the organization’s competitive advantage within its operating environment.
- To develop new business relationships with HNI &UHNI segments through professional, social and personal networks and in line with the Company’s wealth management strategy in order to increase Company’s market share of the wealth management business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a good ambassador of the Firm through proper conduct at all times.
- Develop a good understanding of the businesses and services
- Active involvement in preparation of financial year budget and development & implementation of strategies to achieve this budget
- Regular communication with Business Head, and other team members to keep them updated on business activities and to resolve issues/problems relating to client relations and marketing that may arise from time to time
- Generate new and creative ideas for new product development to broaden the range of investment management service available to existing and potential clients
- Active involvement and participation in BD and companywide meetings/forums
- Maintain a professional outlook and conduct at all times to project a positive image for ARM
- Strategic Account Acquisition Aggressive identification, prioritizing, and management of corporate relationships with strategic partners that have sufficient reach to provide business development results for the business.
- Develop strategies (based on a good understanding of ARM’s business,) to grow the wealth management business and maintain the company’s leading position in the industry
- Promote the products and services offered to HNI &UHNI market
- Provide up to date insight on market trends
- Business Development of business prospects across the company’s entire spectrum of the company’s target segments, by undertaking the initiation and development of business proposals and aggressive sales pitching for business solicitation from existing and prospective customers.
- Sales Reporting Prepare periodic and adhoc reports showing trends, and current state of managed portfolio of funds under management, sales projections, as well as key lessons learnt.
- Monitoring of Macro-economic Trends Continuously monitor developments in the macro-economic environment in general and in the financial service sector in particular with a view to taking advantage of the emerging opportunities and minimize the potential threats to our business e.g. changes in clients’ needs and values, competitor activities, regulatory changes, tax laws etc.
- Applying advanced knowledge of financial products, services, and strategies to provide a holistic advice. The financial products include traditional and non-traditional investment such as: Diversified Array of Mutual funds, Local & Offshore Equities and Fixed Income Investments, Customized Portfolio Management Services, Specialized Funds i.e. Private Equity, Hospitality and Retail & Infrastructure Funds, Real Estate Fund & Direct Real Estate Investments (Retail to Upscale).
- Conducting comprehensive reviews to analyze financial data and provide recommendations for modifications based on client’s risk tolerance, goals, objectives and individual preferences
- Transfer market and specific client knowledge to Relationship Managers and other relevant internal stakeholders that would enhance client relationships
- Work closely with Product Specialists across the Group and Relationship Managers to sell products and services of the Group
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrable business development experience with HNI &UHNI
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Financial Planning Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Very strong presentation skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must have excellent presentation skills and in-depth product and broad investment knowledge
- Familiarity and existing relationships with local and offshore institutional mandates.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and filter complex information. This is often required within a short timeframe, as clients will generally look to you for input on a wide range of topics, some of which will be time-sensitive and may be confidential.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years of professional working experience in the financial service industry
- Relevant experience in Investment/Wealth Management or Financial Services
- Strong business acumen to be able to recognize and interpret commercial opportunities
- Must have demonstrated ability to create sales/relationship opportunities with clients, prospects and consultants within the institutional segment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply