Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps has been working in Nigeria since 2012 in the most marginalized regions of the country to deliver urgent, life-saving assistance and promote development. We partner with communities to help them recover and rebuild while addressing the root causes of conflict, insecurity, and inequality. Every month we help ensure that more than 100,000 people have enough food to eat, and our work impacts the lives of over 600,000 people across the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
Reference Number: ABV / PRO / 2020 / 0019
Location: Abuja, Nigeria (With an estimated 40% travel to other program locations)
Interns Supervisor: M&E Manager
Program / Department Summary
- This is a five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Community Initiative to Promote Peace (CIPP).
- The CIPP program aims to strengthen conflict prevention, mediation and early warning by facilitating community-led analysis and action to prevent, manage, and mitigate conflict and violent extremism.
- The program will work in twenty-four (24) high-risk local government areas in Benue, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kogi and Plateau states.
- The Intern will work closely with the CIPP MEL team to track the implementation of programme activities as part of monitoring and evaluation activities in Benue, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kogi and Plateau states.
- The intern will support state-level data collection activities as well as programme reporting and documentation.
- Support the M&E team in data collection, collation and database entry
- Monitor and report on activities of CIPP implementing Partners
- Support in conducting spot checks and provide quality assurance on monitoring data
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
- Work closely with CIPP M&E officer for filing/archiving documentation both softcopies and hardcopies
- Support the M&E team in data cleaning as requested
- Support the Database Assistant to ensure the database is live and accessible to field offices
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree / HND in relevant field or equivalent experience is highly recommended
- Minimum of 1-year experience in M&E (fieldwork, data collection, report writing etc.)
- Prior experience working on development programmes
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required
- Experience in the use of Information technology for data collection with excellent computer skills, including experience with MS Excel
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good relation with the local communities and project beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and reporting
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Mercy Corps responsibilities
- For the duration of this internship assignment, the intern will receive a monthly stipend of N60,000 and health insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Position, Location & Reference Number” as the subject of the email.
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
- We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Application Deadline 18th May, 2020.