WhatsApp is an app that enables users communicate with other people around the world by texts, audio calls and video calls. In February 2018, WhatsApp launched a new feature called WhatsApp Status which enables users share videos, photos and gives with your contacts. The status disappears automatically after 24 hours. Creating a WhatsApp Status is very easy and to view someone else’s status, all you have to do is to go to the status tab on the app. However, there is no official way to save a contact’s status. Some users take screenshots if it is an image or ask the contact to send it to them privately especially for videos.
Follow these steps to save WhatsApp Status video on your Android smartphone:
- Open and view the status – photos/videos – which you want to save to make a temporary copy of it on your phone’s storage.
- Go to the settings of your file manager and set it to show hidden files
- Open your File Manager app – Files, File Manager, Solid Explorer; etc.
- Go to the WhatsApp folder – Internal storage > WhatsApp > Media > .Statuses
- To save the photo or video, long-press on it and tap Copy. Now paste the file in any folder of your choice in the phone’s internal storage
You can access them later by opening the folder where it was copied to.
Another way to save a WhatsApp status is to use the Status Saver app. The app automatically saves and organizes all the status that you view.
- Open the Google Play Store. Search for and install the Status Saver app
- After installation is complete, open WhatsApp and view the status which you want to save/download
- Select the photos/videos you want to save, then click on the save icon
- The photos/videos will be saved automatically on your phone