Account Officer Vacancy at APM Terminals Lagos
we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60
countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port
operations and container management services.
By providing the expertise
and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support
the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to
unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to
experience different cultures and make friends all over the world.
You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our
offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P.
Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000
employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities
in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail
sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Account Officer
- Ensures that all billable items are properly invoiced to customers and the amounts due are received in time.
- Interacts with the banks and prepares the Funds Flow Reports;
analyzes and recommend the need of transfers to eliminate the
possibility of idle funds.
- Prepares the Funds Utilization and forecast after taking into
account the present bank balances, expected receipts and projected
- Authorizes the petty cash payments.
- Reviews / Verifies the Petty Cash count on a daily basis.
- Provides supervision and direction for subordinates
- The impact of this position will primarily be to ensure proper
funds management by the terminal leading to improvements in the overall
- The position is required to constantly find means for better
funds management for the terminal. The position has a complex nature
impacting both financial & operational performance.
- Reviews all accounts payable transactions to ensure accuracy of coding, data entry, and accurate payment of invoices.
- Checks for proper approvals and authorizations before payments are made.
- Reviews the supplier reconciliation on a periodic basis
- Reviews the accounts receivables on a monthly or periodic basis to ensure timely collections from customers.
- Reviews bank payments and bank reconciliation.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all receivable /
payable / cash; verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve
questions or problems; maintains integrity of cash balances and cash
Who we are looking for
- Requires a university degree in Business or Accounting.
Qualification as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant,
or equivalent is preferable.
- Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Requires exceptional time management and organizational skills, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Requires ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Requires at least three to five years of progressively more
responsible general accounting and finance experience. Requires at least
two years of management / supervisory experience.
- Must have thorough understanding and working knowledge of
accounting specific software. Requires proficiency in various software
applications and programs, specifically EXCEL spreadsheets.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 3rd November, 2014.